What do you want to tell Washington?
I really want to know
... please, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Give me Liberty!
... or more dysfunctional, partisan politics
The solution … Personal Sovereignty
We The People must step forward and assert our right to decide for ourselves. Do not accept the one-sized-fit-all-we-know-better
(so called) solutions offered by government.
“Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them” Ronald Reagan
“We can’t solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” Albert Einstein
“The problem with Socialism is that you eventually run out of other people's money.” Margaret Thatcher
“My whole take on
is simply I do not know what’s best for other people” Penn Jillette
A perceived problem does not require action, especially government “action”. Sometimes the best response is no response.
The government must decrease so that We The People can increase. I propose:
- Balance the Budget NOW
- limit the government by taking away unlimited funds
- eliminate Federal Reserve "corrective" actions
- develop a plan to pay down the massive federal debt within 30 years
- Per Article I Section 8 of
The Constitution of the United States
,return responsibilities to the sovereign states
- privatize "safety net" welfare programs - Social Secuity, Medicare, and the Affordable Care Act
efforts in Texas
- Reinvent our foreign policy (to be divorced from military action)
- "Peace, commerce, and honest friendship with all nations, entanglements with none” - Thomas Jefferson in his inaugural address
- abandon the Truman Doctrine
- seek true diplomacy
- Repeal onerous legislation – legislation should NOT take from some citizens in order to give to other citizens
- legislation must apply equally to all Americans
- the Affordable Care Act ... to stop the stream of unintended consequences
- Dodd-Frank ... the cost of compliance is high
- Return education decisions to parents and local communities
- close the federal Department of Education
- do NOT allow federal or state vouchers
- encourage more private schools
Life, Liberty, Property!
Web author - Mike Kolls
United States House of Representatives
Texas District #24